Next Sunday, October 7, the Arganda Train, which travels almost 4 kilometers between the Poveda station in Arganda del Rey and the stop of the El Campillo lagoon in Rivas, on Sundays in spring and autumn 11:00, 12:00 and 13:00 h., begins its fall season dragged again by some steam locomotives with more than 90 years.
This trip to the past of the Arganda Train, which is managed by the non-profit association Vapor Madrid Railway Initiatives Center (CIFVM), runs along a section of the old railway line of the Tajuña Railway in old wooden cars with a balcony: AC201 manufactured by Carde y Escoriaza in 1916 and cars C-1 and C-2, rebuilt by the Roman Workshop School Aparicio de Arganda.
In this season, the train will be 'dragged' by the nearly centenary Arganda steam locomotives, which has been replaced by the boiler, or by the Áliva, recently restored by the members of this association. These machines have been successfully tested to perform the service this past Saturday.
The Arganda locomotive was manufactured in 1925 in Kassel (Germany) and ended its 'first' life in 1967, in the works of expansion of the port of Musel de Gijón (Asturias) under the registration TLC 3. In 1990, it was rescued by This association of the warehouse of a scrap dealer of La Felguera (Asturias). For three years, his volunteers restored it and, on the way, he lost his nickname of TLC 3 to be called his adopted village. But this restoration did not include the boiler change that the Rios Supply Chain company has made at its Valladolid plant
Read more HERE
Courtesy: Vapor Madrid Railway Initiatives Center (CIFVM),